The organizations that are interested in obtaining funds from SELAVIP should consider the following selection criteria in the framework of their project’s presentation:
- I. All non-profit and legally incorporated private and public institutions, Non- Governmental Organizations (NGO’s), foundations and religious organizations may answer the call.
- II. The organizations who want to take part to the call should be duly registered (and approved by SELAVIP) in our Registry of Organizations by March 31. All organization records sent after March 31, each year,will not be reviewed or activated by SELAVIP until the end of the call.
- III. Before creating a project, the “activated” organizations must review their data in our Registry of Organizations and update them. Any problem with the system should be reported to the email of SELAVIP (email@example.com).
- IV. All the projects must be sent online through our system (application.selavip.org). We won’t accept any projects sent by any other means (email, postal delivery).
- V. All the projects should propose initiatives that meet housing and/or sanitation needs from urban families in the developing countries, from housing production to promotion of community based processes to secure shelter or land.
- VI. It is desirable that the project could generate community processes that make habitat improvement sustainable, and promote innovative policies based on the experiences developed by each organization, the sustainable development goals delivered by the UN, and that local or national governments want to support
- VII. It is important to consider that the families who will benefit from the project should participate in all the processes, both in the elaboration and in the subsequent execution of the project, in order to guarantee that the project responds to the real needs of the families to be supported.
- VIII. The contribution from SELAVIP is free for the beneficiaries and must be used solely for the selected project.
- IX. For those projects who will be selected, we will require a document to be signed by each family (beneficiary of the project) in which each family confirms its active participation to the project and acknowledging that the SELAVIP’s contribution is free for them, meaning they may not be asked any reimbursement or refund.
- X. At least 90% of the financial resources provided by SELAVIP should be used for the purchase of materials. In the case of land titles regularization, 100 % of the resources will be used for the preparation and submission of the paperwork to the local authorities.
- XI. The maximum amount granted by project is USD 80,000. SELAVIP reserves the right to decrease the requested amount during the project’s presentation and the number of solutions according to the budget’s availability.
- XII. SELAVIP will favor those proposals where we are asked for the least amount of contribution for new individual housing or sanitary systems and also projects where other sources of financing are involved without neglecting the quality of the solutions to be built.
- XIII. SELAVIP will not consider projects whose total cost is less than USD 20,000 (except land regularization related projects) since we want to ensure a certain impact in the communities.
FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION PER PROJECT AND FAMILY
The maximum financial contribution that SELAVIP will deliver by project will be, as previously mentioned, USD 80.000.
The funds that SELAVIP will provide BY FAMILY are the following, according to the type of selected project:
NEW HOUSE / DWELLING
The cost to be financed for each new house/dwelling should not exceed USD 1,600
(If the house comes with a toilet, the amount does NOT change, IT NOT USD 1,600 + USD 600).
EXTENSION OF EXISTING HOUSING UNITS
Maximum USD 800 to extend or expand an existing home whose family is overcrowded. It must be justified by the number of people living in the family
DRINKING WATER SYSTEMS
Maximum USD 800
Maximum USD 600
TOILETS OR LATRINES
Maximum USD 600
Individual electrical installations connected to the public network, or using photovoltaic panels. Maximum USD $ 300 by family.
Only roof repair including its structure. The surface of each of them should be specified. Maximum USD $ 600 by family.
LAND TITLE REGULARIZATION
The amount will be considered by Selavip by virtue of the average of historical projects presented, selected and executed in previous years. The legal process and deadlines must be well defined in these projects.
Local communities, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO’s) and the local entities from the developing world may send us their projects from April 15 to June 15 (included) each year.
The projects proposals should be exclusively submitted during the period of the call and sent through our SELAVIP projects management system (https://application.selavip.org).
In our webpage, the interested NGO’s may find the following documents: The NGO’s registration form, the project’s application form and the call’s documents (this one changes every year).
- Infrastructure projects, such as hospitals, orphanages, schools, churches, training centers or income’s generation projects will not be accepted.
- Projects that involve the use of Asbestos in the construction process will be declared inadmissible.
All the projects proposals received during the indicated application period will be evaluated according to qualitative and quantitative criteria by a team of professionals who will then determine if a project is eligible or not. As each year we receive MANY more projects then what we are able to finance, SELAVIP, based on the evaluation, will select the projects that best reflect the fulfillment of the above mentioned selection criteria and objectives sought by the foundation. We encourage the NGO’s to send projects that adjust to those criteria.
The final selection is made by the Board of Directors in Belgium in November. The quantity of selected projects is adjusted to the available budget. It is important to take into account that some initiatives will only be financed partially, it will therefore involve, once selected, an adjustment to the initial project’s proposal, in terms of number of families and SELAVIP contribution’s amount. It will then be communicated to the organization before signing any agreement.
If any organization rejects the proposed changes and does not wish to continue, the projects on the waiting list may be selected.
Finally, the approved projects will be informed at the end of November or beginning of December.
- In our webpage : www.selavip.org.
- In our website application.selavip.org.
- Through the email generated by the system sent to each NGO.